Requiem for a Dissonance ~ My "Heart Asks Pleasure First"

Composé après un échec pianistique
et en écoutant le morceau
"The Heart Asks Pleasure First" de Michael Nyman

(thème du film La Leçon de piano).
J'ai également utilisé ce vers d'Emily Dickinson
mais comme il s'agit de ma propre expérience,
la version est très différente
du poème originel mis ci-après.


I wanted so hard to succeed,
But I could not play, I roughly failed.
As a pianist I looked for celebrity,
But now it seems like a different way.

And yet I cannot leave,
I love you despite of my fear.
I want to touch you all day long,
Even if you scratch my song.

My heart needs you to calm down,
The notes flow I gloss over sound.
I cannot stop my fingers, the scores fly,
I listen to you, so many times, I cry.

My piano, my music drug,
Your touch is the only one I trust.
My heart asks pleasure first,
No sacrifice, only music will be heard.


Le poème d'Emily Dickinson (1890)

The heart asks pleasure first
And then, excuse from pain
And then, those little anodynes
That deaden suffering;

And then, to go to sleep;
And then, if it should be,
The will of its Inquisitor,
The liberty to die.


Source vidéo : youtube.com

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés