Little Hong Kong, Asia's world city

I have a lot of images of Hong Kong before my departure : big city, shopping, chinese temple, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee's films... Some cliches are true, others aren't, there are some surprises. But everything was amazing ! (except the mosquitoes)

1/The city and the (tropical) nature

One of the most striking thing in Hong-Kong is the tropical nature which is mixing with the buildings of the city. To be honest, I have never imagined that kind of nature in that city. The Hong Kong Park was particularly impressive.

Tropical forest and birds aviary





Impression of being in LA...





...or in a fairy tale





I thought Hong-Kong was a very big city but in fact it is very small !! We can see from the Victoria Peak that it's not that big.



Nothing related with the nature but the tramways in this city are so cute ^^



2/Hong Kong Bay

We went to two places : first the Tsim Sha Tsui promenade where we can admire some old chinese boats and the symphony of lights during night time.







I was a big fan of Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee when I was a child and I wanted to see the Avenue of Stars but it was closed :(
We also went to the other side on the Hong Kong island to see another festival, the Dragon Boat races. It was a lot of fun !






3/Street art
This was probably my favourite part of the trip ! I am an art otaku lol so I spent one entire afternoon to chase after street arts. I certainly took the most well-known in photos BUT I have the chance to have the little dragon which is now my new blog cover. It's my favourite so I share the entire photo.
Street art in HK are mostly on the Hollywood road. 








You will also have the chance to see many galleries in this street. Some of them like this men introduces his beautiful paintings outside.




4/Chinese culture
HK has a special status but it's part of China. We saw two aspects of the culture.
First, the temples. I was surprised to see how old they are ! I like the ceiling though.





Then, we tasted some Chinese teas. They were probably the best teas that I have until now.





We also visited the Chinese garden named Nan Lian garden which is in the north of Hong Kong. In a busy city like Hong Kong, this garden is a peaceful place to stop by. There is also a restaurant behing the waterfall !







There was an exhibition about traditional chinese ceramics and it was very interesting !





5/The Islands, another world
We have visited two islands : Lamma and Lantau.
If you like hiking and beach, Lamma island is for you ! We went by the ferry to Yung Shue Wan where we visited some charming craft stores. And then we begin hiking until the beach.





The trail was easy to follow and landscapes and nature were amazing.








Before arriving to the fisherfolk's village, we saw some caves from WWII. They were apparently used by the Japanese kamikazes.




I won't like, it was a bit scary ^^'


The second island is much bigger and called Lantau. We didn't do hiking on that one but we walked up the stairs to see the Big Buddha.







This trip was really amazing ! If I can give an advice, don't assume that HK is just a city for shopping because it has so much more to offer. Give it a try !

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés